Associate Director of College Counseling, USA
Posted: 18 February 2021
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE COUNSELING
An Associate Director of College Counseling is a leader in specific, focused aspects of the college counseling department and is a college counselor for a cohort of students in each class. The Associate Director is first and foremost a college counselor who fosters a personal relationship with students. This individualized approach to counseling and working with students and families reinforces the philosophy that the goal of “fit” in the college process is different for every student. A key member of the college counseling team, the Associate Director reports to the Director of College Counseling and works with the counseling team to support the mission and vision of Wyoming Seminary.
• Guides and oversees all aspects of the college search and admissions process for an appropriate caseload of students to help them identify the best match schools for their interests, abilities, and needs.
• Provides outreach to students and parents through workshops, webinars, presentations, school events, social media, websites, and alumni connections.
• Understands the landscape of current college admission and counseling trends through reading and research, membership in professional associations, participation in campus visits and tours, and extensive networking with college admissions and college counseling colleagues. A Sem counselor builds relationships with college representatives by hosting them on our campus, visiting college campuses, and participating in conferences and committees.
• Administers SCOIR, our web-based college counseling management system, and helps to prepare reports and presentations for faculty, alumni, and the Board of Trustees. The Associate Director represents College Counseling at school functions, conferences, presentations, and professional development opportunities, on committees and in the community
• Participates fully in the life of the school, building relationships with faculty, students, and other community members.
• Takes on other tasks as assigned by the Director of College Counseling, Dean of Upper School, or the President of Wyoming Seminary.
• Five years of experience in college counseling or college admissions and Master’s degree are strongly preferred.
• Well-developed interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills; a familiarity with the goals, objectives, and mission of Wyoming Seminary. This includes a strong interest in student-centered work and a clear commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Ability to respond effectively to the needs of a diverse and demanding student and parent population.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational competence, and the ability to meet deadlines.
• A team player and a self-starter who can collaborate effectively and think independently.
• A lively sense of humor, strong work ethic, enthusiasm, and a willingness to become a fully invested member of our community are essential.
The Associate Director is a ten-month, full-time position during the academic year and with expectations to often work with students during vacations and the summer, including correspondence, meetings, workshops, college visits, document preparation, and writing.
To apply for the position, please send your cover letter and resume to Gloria Wallace, Assistant to the Upper School Dean, Wyoming Seminary, 201 North Sprague Avenue, Kingston, PA 18704-3593 or email@example.com by March 15, 2021.
Wyoming Seminary does not discriminate on the basis of color, sexual orientation, religion, age, national or ethnic origin in employment, the administration of its educational policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, or athletic or other school-administered programs or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Closing date: 15/03/2021
- Country: United States
- School: Wyoming Seminary
- Region: America
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application url: http://www.wyomingseminary.org