Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management, USA
Posted: 25 April 2019
Available Summer, 2019
Job Title: Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management
Department: Admissions and Enrollment Management
Reports to: Dr. Glyn Cowlishaw, Head of School
FLSA Status: Exempt
PDS Status: Staff, Full-time, benefited
Founded in 1970, Providence Day School is an independent, nonsectarian, coeducational college preparatory school serving approximately 1,650 students in transitional kindergarten through 12th grade. Committed to academic excellence, global diversity and character development, PDS seeks to inspire in its students a passion for learning, a sense of social responsibility and a commitment to personal integrity. Cited for excellence by the U.S. Department of Education, the College Board Advanced Placement Program and the National Council of Teachers of English, PDS provides a challenging and diverse college preparatory curriculum.
PDS is recognized as one of the Charlotte Observer’s “Top Workplaces 2018”. This award is particularly special because the results are based solely on confidential responses from our employees. Additionally, PDS is recognized as one of greater Charlotte’s 2018 healthiest employers by the Charlotte Business Journal. This award demonstrates the school’s commitment to promoting the health and wellness of our employees and the importance of appropriate work-life harmony. PDS was also recognized as one of North Carolina’s 50 most family-friendly employers by Carolina Parenting, Inc., every year since 1999 until the award was discontinued in 2016. This award recognized employers for their initiatives in helping N.C. parents balance work and home life.
The Providence Day School community welcomes people of diverse backgrounds and beliefs who share a commitment to respect one another and accept differences. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a policy of nondiscrimination in the treatment of employees or applicants for employment without consideration of race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability, gender or gender identity.
Providence Day School is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and holds memberships in the National Association of Independent Schools, Southern Association of Independent Schools, North Carolina Association of Independent Schools, Educational Records Bureau, National and Southern Associations for College Admission Counseling, the Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development, Enrollment Management Association and Association of Independent School admissions Professionals and the College Board
This position is a full-time, 12 month, staff position beginning the summer of 2019. This position reports directly to the Head of School.
Providence Day School (PDS) invites applications and nominations for a dynamic, visionary to serve as the Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management (DAEM). The role of DAEM requires a highly-skilled, experienced, innovative leader who will serve as the School’s chief strategist on all matters related to enrollment. This position requires full responsibility for creating, leading and managing a comprehensive enrollment program that incorporates best practices in recruitment, admissions, institutional research, record-management, registration and financial aid. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced enrollment management leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, proven record of implementing best practices, fresh thinking, and an eye for innovation and creativity. In addition to the Director, the Admissions and Enrollment team consists of 5 members who report directly to the Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing all aspects of the admissions and financial aid operations and is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing the execution of a multi-year and annual comprehensive enrollment plan with appropriate goals that include strategies to recruit and enroll students.
- Developing annual admissions and financial aid forecasts, predictive models and budgets; building, leading and motivating the appropriate teams to ensure that enrollment goals are met.
- Developing and implementing an integrated marketing and communication plan in partnership with the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Lower, Middle and Upper School Heads on print and electronic recruiting collateral, using research-based decisions on message and delivery mediums.
- Providing comprehensive statistical and data-informed analyses necessary to make sound policy decisions.
- Monitoring and assessing data to evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment efforts including social media, marketing and other emerging technologies that enhance yield with potential students and their families.
- Developing and using existing and emerging technologies to communicate and build relationships with students, families, feeder schools, pre-schools and secondary school leadership.
- Planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the specific programs, services and functions designed to meet institutional objectives related to enrollment management to optimize net tuition revenue
- Evaluating and improving the practices of the student enrollment experience, including timely, effective and positive engagement with students and families throughout the entirety of their experiences with admissions, financial aid and registration.
- Ensuring campus compliance with any and all laws (International, Federal State and/or Local) surrounding enrollment management.
- Identifying target audiences, establishing enrollment goals and developing and executing effective enrollment management plans designed to attract students.
- Lead and supervise an Admissions and Enrollment team of 5.
- Collaborate with Division Heads and the Senior Leadership Team to provide the vision for short and long-term enrollment goals and effective marketing strategies aimed at optimizing enrollment opportunities in targeted programs.
- Works closely with Assistant Head of School for Finance and Risk Management in developing an annual and multi-year financial aid plan that meets enrollment and net tuition revenue objectives.
- Leads the Financial Aid Committee, which reviews financial aid policy and determines financial aid award packages for admitted students.
- The DAEM is responsible for an operating budget of over $65,000 dollars
- In conjunction with the Assistant Head of School for Finance and Risk Management, the DAEM is responsible for a financial aid budget of nearly $4 million dollars.
- Works with Director of Strategic Marketing and Communications in allocating six figure marketing budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Advanced Degree, preferred).
- A minimum of five years at a senior administrative level within education.
- Demonstrated leadership in education strategic enrollment management, including developing and implementing data-driven programs, budgetary and personnel responsibilities, enrollment management planning, contract management and program development.
- Experience in working with international students
Qualifications and Skills:
- Highly efficient and effective communicator who is a results-oriented individual with strong business acumen, proven experience leading, motivating, and managing a team, and knowledge of best practices and current trends in the enrollment field
- Leadership experience with current best practices in enrollment management, admissions, financial aid and registration.
- Experience with current and emerging technology (hardware and software solutions) related to recruitment, admissions and financial aid, including expertise with enrollment management systems and web-based recruitment efforts.
- Experience with process-improvement initiatives and leadership in change-management environments.
- Leadership experience in recruiting and supporting a culture of inclusion and diversity.
- Knowledge of national and state issues related to independent school education policies and practices that influence enrollment management.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to balance focusing on operational effectiveness with visionary and strategic thinking.
- The ideal candidate also will demonstrate excellent communication skills, outstanding integrity, and the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external constituents.
- Experience with data analytics.
- Experience in collaborating effectively with athletic coaches and the Athletic Director.
- Manage student information systems, budget oversight and financial aid.
Salary and Benefits:
Providence Day School is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding employees through a compensation plan that compares favorably with those of other independent schools both locally and nationwide. Individual salary levels are competitive and are determined by educational background and experience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter of interest, current resume, three letters of recommendation, and a list of references with telephone numbers. Materials should be sent to: PDS.AdmissionsDirector@providenceday.org
This position is open until filled. Providence Day School is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
- Closing date: 31/05/2019
- Country: USA
- School: Palmer Trinity School
- Region: America
- Contact: PDS.AdmissionsDirector@providenceday.org