French Language Arts Teacher, Canada
Posted: 05 March 2019
Calgary French & International School (CFIS) is a full French language immersion co-educational independent school, serving over 750 students from preschool through to Grade 12. CFIS develops each student’s individual and academic potential in an academically rigorous program that is enriched with internationally-focused learning experiences and engagement in athletics and the fine arts. CFIS values openness, inquisitiveness, and understanding of both the community and the world beyond each student’s experience, and provides its students and employees with opportunities to lead and grow in a culture of mutual respect, creativity, innovation, and critical thinking. CFIS is a caring and supportive community for its students, faculty, and staff.
CFIS is seeking a French Language Arts Teacher (Grades 7 to 12) for the 2019-2020 school year. The successful candidate will be teaching French Language Arts in our secondary division with specific grade level assignments still to be determined. Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Short-term and long-term curriculum planning;
- Lesson delivery and differentiation;
- Evaluation, assessment, and documentation of student progress;
- Classroom organization/management;
- Communicating with parents of students;
- Applying developmentally appropriate and current teaching methodologies;
- Implementation and integration of instructional technology; and
- Working collaboratively with colleagues.
- Bachelor of Education;
- Eligible for or in possession of an Alberta Teaching Certificate or Alberta Interim Teaching Certificate;
- Fluently bi-lingual (French and English); and
- Valid first-aid certification.
Prior experience teaching secondary French Language Arts is desirable. The successful applicant will need to provide a recent Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening prior to commencing work.
Skills, Technical and Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Strong planner and organizer with exemplary communication skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both French and English;
- Committed to providing quality educational experiences for students aged 12-18;
- Understanding of the philosophy and principles of French immersion education;
- Interpersonal skills that foster collegiality and blend with CFIS’s values; and
- Commitment to continuous learning and growth.
International teaching experience is desirable but not essential.
As per the CFIS teaching salary grid.
The posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. If you meet the above qualifications and wish to apply, please review the “Application Instructions” page of the CFIS website at https://cfis.com/join-our-progressive-innovative-team.
All applicants are thanked in advance for their submissions.
- Closing date: 30/04/2019
- Country: Canada
- School: Calgary French and International School
- Region: America
- Contact: email@example.com