Global Education Administrative Assistant, USA
Posted: 20 June 2019
Job Title: Global Education Administrative Assistant
Department: Global Education
Reports To: Director of Global Programs
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Status: Part-time, ten month, non-benefited staff position
Founded in 1970, Providence Day School is an independent, nonsectarian, coeducational college preparatory school serving approximately 1,650 students in transitional kindergarten through 12th grade. Committed to academic excellence, global diversity and character development, PDS seeks to inspire in its students a passion for learning, a sense of social responsibility and a commitment to personal integrity. Cited for excellence by the U.S. Department of Education, the College Board Advanced Placement Program and the National Council of Teachers of English, PDS provides a challenging and diverse college preparatory curriculum.
PDS is recognized as one of the Charlotte Observer’s “Top Workplaces 2018”. This award is particularly special because the results are based solely on confidential responses from our employees. Additionally, PDS is recognized as one of greater Charlotte’s 2018 healthiest employers by the Charlotte Business Journal. This award demonstrates the school’s commitment to promoting the health and wellness of our employees and the importance of appropriate work-life harmony. PDS was also recognized as one of North Carolina’s 50 most family-friendly employers by Carolina Parenting, Inc., every year since 1999 until the award was discontinued in 2016. This award recognized employers for their initiatives in helping N.C. parents balance work and home life.
The Providence Day School community welcomes people of diverse backgrounds and beliefs who share a commitment to respect one another and accept differences. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a policy of nondiscrimination in the treatment of employees or applicants for employment without consideration of race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability, gender or gender identity.
Providence Day School is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, is a member of ABC (A Better Chance), and holds memberships in the National Association of Independent Schools, Southern Association of Independent Schools, North Carolina Association of Independent Schools, Educational Records Bureau, National and Southern Associations for College Admission Counseling, the Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development, and the College Board.
This position is a part-time (approx. 20-27 hours per week), 10 month, staff position with a start date of August 1, 2019.
The Global Education Administrative Assistant provides full administrative support service for the Global Education Office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
Global Trip Support (includes athletic, performing arts, and global education office trips):
- Creates and displays posters and bulletin board exhibits for global trips
- Submits global trip announcements to PD media
- Reserves space for global trip announcements during Upper School and Middle School assemblies
- Organizes meeting logistics for study tour leader training, global trip orientations, parent meetings, and Round Square conference interviews, including room reservations, facilities requests, invitations, and other related tasks
- Maintains accurate online records of study tour leader training and global trip orientation syllabi, attendance, and acknowledgment forms
- Requests and manages student travel abroad documents for middle and upper school global trips arranged by the Global Education Office
- Collaborates with school nurses to ensure first aid kits are fully stocked at the beginning of the school year and at the return of each trip
- Orders insurance cards for all individuals traveling abroad on global education trips
- Orders satellite phones, as needed, for global trips
- Edits Emergency Contact Sheets for global trips
- Registers global trip participants with the US Department of State’s Smart
- Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
- Assembles risk management portfolios required for each study tour leader and the Global Education Office
Individual and Group International Student Exchange Support:
- Advertises and secures student and chaperone homestay requests
- Keeps online records of home stay arrangements and communicates information to the involved parties including students, families, and admissions Organizes meeting logistics for host parent meetings including room reservations, facilities requests, invitations, and other related tasks
- Maintains database of potential homestay families Coordinates background checks of homestay families
- Assists in organizing itineraries for international student exchange groups visiting Providence Day and provides chaperone support as needed for on and off campus activities
- Requests and manages student documents/technology/dining accounts/etc. for middle and upper school individual and group exchanges arranged by the Global Education Office
International Matriculated Student Support:
Organizes room reservations, food orders, invitations and other related tasks for luncheons Schedules monthly China Team meetings
Global Speaker Series Support:
Coordinates the Global Speaker Series including room reservations, food orders, facilities requests, marketing to PD community, and other related tasks. Provides chaperone support as needed for off campus activities.
Global Educators Certificate (GEC) Support:
Organizes meeting logistics for General Educators Certificate meetings, including room reservations, facilities requests, invitations, and other related tasks Maintains accurate online records of GEC checklist requirements, training syllabi, attendance and acknowledgment forms
General Office Support:
Organizes updating of Global Studies Diploma wall murals Submits monthly credit card statements and check requests, as needed, to the
Accounting and Finance Office
Monitors and orders global education materials and office supplies as needed. Assists Director of Global Programs by exercising flexibility and undertaking various projects, tasks and responsibilities as needed to assure smooth and efficient office operations.
Performs duties and responsibilities with confidentiality, discretion and good judgment.
Necessary skills include organization,time management, and strong written and verbal communication. Proficiency in Microsoft and Google Applications are required. The candidate must maintain confidentiality and demonstrate intercultural competency.
Applicants should submit a cover letter of interest, current resume, and a list of references with telephone numbers. Materials should be sent to: PDS.GlobalEdAdminAssistant@providenceday.org This position is open until filled. Providence Day School is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
- Closing date: 31/07/2019
- Country: USA
- School: Providence Day School
- Region: America
- Contact: PDS.GlobalEdAdminAssistant@providenceday.org