Head of Global Education, Colombia
Posted: 17 December 2018
Position Head of Global Education
Line Manager Deputy Head of Secondary (Pastoral)
The main functions of the Head of Global Education are to:
- Lead the development of international programmes and global education in the secondary school in line with the mission, vision and values.
- Monitor student engagement with international programmes and global education initiatives and develop strategies to ensure that students receive their entitlement within the context of a balanced education.
- Assume the role of Round Square Representative and act as an advocate for the IDEALS, Discoveries and the implementation of Round Square initiatives and expectations in the school, locally and internationally, including exchanges, conferences, service projects and curriculum collaborations.
- Lead, manage and develop the school exchange and Gap programmes in line with school policy.
- Collaborate with teachers and middle leaders (e.g. Programme Coordinators, SER Coordinator, Heads of Department, Heads of House, EVCs etc.) and third party providers to promote international programmes and global education in the classroom and beyond.
- Line manage the International Award Coordinator, MUN Coordinator, TEDx Coordinator and coordinators of other international programmes.
- Lead meetings that facilitate teamwork in order to achieve departmental and school objectives.
- Manage the global education budget according to school timelines and expectations.
- Maintain a teaching and pastoral commitment in line with the expectations of this position.
- Participate in Heads of Department and Pastoral Leaders meetings as required and contribute to the leadership of innovations and new initiatives.
- Undertake any other reasonable responsibility at the request of the Deputy Head (Pastoral).
Type of contract Local/Expat
Education University degree
Languages English (bilingual an advantage)
Experience Minimum of three years teaching experience
General skills/attributes A high level of ability is expected in the following areas
- Orientation and attention to students and parents.
- Honesty and transparency.
- Self-discipline, initiative and commitment to work Interpersonal skills, Teamwork, Flexibility.
- Innovative use of technological resources.
- Teaching and learning strategies.
- Administrative skills: Organization; planning; communication.
- International mindedness
- Passion for experiential learning
- Closing date: 14/01/2019
- Country: Colombia
- School: Colegio Anglo Colombiano
- Region: America
- Contact: email@example.com
- Application url: http://www.anglocolombiano.edu.co