IB Physics Science and Match Teacher, Canada
Posted: 04 February 2019
REPORTS TO: Principal of Secondary School
POSITION GROUP: Faculty
STATUS: Ten-Month, Full-Time, Probationary
Calgary French & International School (CFIS) is a full French language immersion co-educational independent school, serving over 750 students from preschool through to Grade 12. CFIS develops each student’s individual and academic potential in an academically rigorous program that is enriched with internationally-focused learning experiences and engagement in athletics and the fine arts. CFIS values openness, inquisitiveness, and understanding of both the community and the world beyond each student’s experience, and provides its students and employees with opportunities to lead and grow in a culture of mutual respect, creativity, innovation, and critical thinking. CFIS is a caring and supportive community for its students, faculty, and staff.
CFIS is seeking an IB Physics, Science and Mathematics Teacher (Grades 9-12) for the 2019-2020 school year. Responsibilities of this role can include:
- Short and long-term curriculum planning;
- Lesson delivery and differentiation;
- Evaluation, assessment, and documentation of student progress;
- Classroom organization/management;
- Parent communication;
- Developmentally appropriate and current teaching methodologies;
- Implementation and integration of instructional technology;
- Working collaboratively with colleagues and the IB Diploma Programme Coordinator.
- Bachelor of Education;
- Eligible for or in possession of an Alberta Teaching Certificate or Alberta Interim Teaching Certificate,
- Fluently bilingual (French and English);
- Valid First Aid Certification;
- Prior experience teaching IB Physics and Mathematics desirable.
- The successful applicant will need to provide an updated Police Information Check with
- Vulnerable Sector Screening prior to commencing work.
Skills, Technical and Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Strong planner and organizer with exemplary communication skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and French;
- Commitment to quality educational experiences for students aged 14-18;
- Understanding of the philosophy and principles of French Immersion education;
- Interpersonal skills that foster collegiality and the common goals of CFIS mission, vision, and values;
- International teaching experience desirable but not essential;
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning and growth.
- As per CFIS teaching salary grid.
- The posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to apply, please see the “Application Instructions” section of our website at www.CFIS.com / Discover our School / Careers. All applicants are thanked in advance for their submissions.
- Closing date: 31/05/2019
- Country: Canada
- School: Calgary French and International School
- Region: America
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application url: https://cfis.com/