Mathematics Teacher, Australia
Posted: 10 May 2023
POSITION TITLE: Teacher
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Part-Time
REPORTS TO: Head of Department
BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for teaching required subject/s to sufficient skill
DATE UPDATED: 8 December 2020
KEY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Teachers are expected to:
- Design and implement curriculum programmes that embrace School’s Learning Framework;
- Create a positive classroom environment that enhances student learning;
- Establish and review students’ learning goals/outcomes and modify curriculum programmes accordingly;
- Continuously reflect on teaching practices and full participation in the School’s Personal Learning Programme;
- Build relationships and share teaching insights with colleagues in order to coordinate activities for students;
- Communicate with parents about student learning;
- Demonstrate professionalism and a commitment to professional development;
- Contribute to the School and wider community through involvement in co-curricular activities;
- Maintain accurate records and meet deadlines.
N.B This position description contains the most important duties and tasks regarding the job to be done. It is not an exclusive/exhaustive list.
- Effective verbal and written communication;
- Strong classroom behaviour management techniques;
- Ability to influence others positively;
- Ability to react quickly and effectively in challenging situations;
- Ability to relate and build relationships easily.
SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN and YOUNG PEOPLE
The School takes child protection seriously, and as a staff member or volunteer of The Rockhampton Grammar School, you are required to meet the behaviour standards outlined in our Practice and Behaviour Guidelines. You will receive a copy of these guidelines as part of the induction process.
Therefore as a part of your duties and responsibilities, you are also required to:
- Provide a welcoming and safe environment for children and young people;
- Promote the safety and wellbeing of children and young people to whom we provide services;
- Ensure that your interactions with children and young people are positive and safe;
- Provide adequate care and supervision of children and young people in your charge;
- Act as a positive role model for children and young people;
- Report any suspicions, concerns, allegations or disclosures of alleged abuse to management;
- Maintain valid “working with children” documentation;
- Undergo periodic “national criminal history record” checks;
- Report to management any criminal charges or convictions you receive during the course of your employment that may indicate a possible risk to children and young people.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The successful applicant will be subject to a “Working with Children Check and Criminal Records Check” where applicable. The School undertakes several screening processes to ensure the appropriate protection of children and young people in its care. This includes reference checks, identity checks, qualification check and professional registration checks.
- Registration with Queensland College of Teachers;
- Safeguarding Children Checks.
The Rockhampton Grammar School reserves the right to amend this Position Description at its discretion in accordance with any legislative and/or operational requirements
- Closing date: 29/05/2023
- Country: Australia
- School: Rockhampton Grammar School
- Region: Australasia & East Asia
- Contact: CVanRensburg@rgs.qld.edu.au
- Application url: https://www.rgs.qld.edu.au/employment/maths-teacher