Physical Education Specialist, Canada
Posted: 19 December 2018
Reports to: Principal of Elementary
Position Group: Faculty
Status: Temporary, Full-Time, 6-Month Position
Calgary French & International School (CFIS) is a full French language immersion co-educational independent school, serving over 740 students from preschool through to Grade 12. CFIS develops each student’s individual and academic potential in an academically rigorous program that is enriched with internationally-focused learning experiences and engagement in athletics and the fine arts. CFIS values openness, inquisitiveness, and understanding of both the community and the world beyond each student’s experience, and provides its students and employees with opportunities to lead and grow in a culture of mutual respect, creativity, innovation, and critical thinking. CFIS is a caring and supportive community for its students, faculty, and staff.
CFIS is seeking candidates for a Physical Education Specialist position for the remainder of the 2018-2019 school year. The successful candidate will replace a teacher on maternity leave.
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Short-term and long-term physical education curriculum planning;
- Lesson delivery and differentiation;
- Evaluation, assessment, and documentation of student progress;
- Gymnasium organization/management;
- Communicating with parents of students;
- Applying developmentally appropriate and current teaching methodologies;
- Implementation and integration of instructional technology; and
- Working collaboratively with colleagues.
- Fluently bilingual (French and English);
- Bachelor of Education;
- Specialization is required in Physical Education and/or Kinesiology;
- Must possess a valid Alberta Teaching Certificate or Alberta Interim Teaching Certificate, or be in the process of obtaining a Teaching Authority from a Canadian province;
- Valid First Aid Certification
The successful applicant will be asked to provide an updated Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening prior to commencing work. Skills, Technical and Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Strong planner and organizer with exemplary communication skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both French and English;
- Committed to providing quality educational experiences for students aged 5-18;
- Understanding of the philosophy and principles of French immersion education;
- Interpersonal skills that foster collegiality and blend with CFIS’s values; and
- Commitment to continuous learning and growth.
International teaching experience is desirable but not essential.
As per CFIS Teaching Salary Grid.
The posting will remain open until the position is filled.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to apply, please review the “Application Instructions” page of the CFIS website at https://cfis.com/join-our-progressive-innovative-team.
All applicants are thanked in advance for their submissions.
- Closing date: 31/01/2019
- Country: Canada
- School: Calgary French and International School
- Region: America
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application url: https://cfis.com/join-our-progressive-innovative-team