Residential Don, Canada
Posted: 02 May 2019
Founded in 1967, Rosseau Lake College is a small, co-educational, post-secondary preparatory day and boarding school for students in grades 7-12. Located in Muskoka, about two hours north of Toronto, our mission is to graduate students with a strong personal brand through a culture that is rich in discovery.
Rosseau Lake College seeks full-time Residential Don(s) for the 2019-20 school year. The successful candidates will be energetic and committed educators who are intrinsically motivated to gain valuable teaching experience.
Job Description Overview
As a Residential Don, you will gain teaching experience while being highly involved in co-curricular experiences and the boarding life program in a dynamic independent school environment. Our Dons are key members of the Community Life team and offer support for the academic, social, physical, and emotional well-being of our students.
One year contract with an option to renew for a second year.
- Coach and supervise students through active participation in the co-curricular program.
- Work rotationally through a seven day per week boarding schedule.
- Help organize and implement weekend programming activities
- Plan, organize, and provide instruction in English for one Ontario Ministry of Education course
- Maintain records and evidence of progress for student assessment.
- Provide a nurturing and supportive living/learning/working environment that encourages student responsibility and overall growth.
- Maintain standards of student behaviour required to run a safe campus environment conducive to student learning and development.
- Monitor and manage the custodial care of boarding students.
Education and Experience
- Ontario Teachers’ Certificate preferred
- Post Secondary Education at the University level
- Relevant academic expertise
- Proven ability to develop a caring rapport with students in grades 7 – 12
- Experiences in Outdoor Education are an asset
- Positive, enthusiastic, and encouraging approach to learning and all aspects of school life
- Ability to engage students, assist them with tasks, and help them succeed
- Effective communication with students, parents, and colleagues
- Commitment to student learning and success
- Integration of technology into teaching and learning
- Willingness to learn, and commitment to personal growth and development
- Willingness to commit to obtaining an F-Class driver’s license
This position includes room and board, a standard employee benefits package (health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability), enrolment in the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP), and a modest salary. The successful candidate will also enjoy the inherent reward of joining the friendly, talented, and dedicated team at Canada’s best small independent school, living and working among the pines on our beautiful 50-acre waterfront property.
Estimated Start Date: August 26th, 2019
How to Apply
Please provide a covering letter specifically detailing how your background relates to responsibilities, education/experience, and competencies as well as your resume information (in a single, MS Word document only). Please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be accepting applications until the position is filled, but would like to have this position filled by May 1st, 2019.
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please Note: Rosseau Lake College is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Please contact the administration office (705 732 4351) for further details or if you require any information in an alternate format
- Closing date: 14/06/2019
- Country: Canada
- School: Rosseau Lake College
- Region: America
- Contact: email@example.com
- Application url: https://www.rosseaulakecollege.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Residential-Don-2019-2020-School-Year.pdf