Sports Assistant, UK
Posted: 10 July 2019
Windermere School, the Sunday Times International Baccalaureate School of the Year 2018, is an IB World and Round Square School stunningly situated in the heart of the Lake District and overlooking the shores of Windermere.
A Sports Assistant (SA) at Windermere School is employed as a one-year internship, to gain valuable experience of teaching and coaching in a school environment and to assist with the School’s main sports (Football, Hockey, Netball, Rounders, Athletics and Cricket). They also assist with the extra-curricular programme as required, and the management of the Sports Hall. Coaching will focus on pupils in Years 7-9, but the Sports Assistant will also be available to assist with the running of teams on match days (usually Wednesdays and Saturdays). Further coaching of other sports and at other levels may be offered should the Sports Assistant be suitably qualified.
Specifically, the SA has two main areas of responsibility:
1. Coaching. The SA must be able to coach a variety of sports across the age range. Sports sessions may take place within the timetable (2pm onwards) but also after lessons. The main focus time-wise will be 4pm onwards. The SA will, in liaison with the member of staff in charge of that sport, identify objectives for the term/year and devise a coaching plan in order to meet these objectives. The SA must be aware of all School policies and Risk Assessments.
2. The SA will assist to the full in the development and provision of a varied and purposeful activities programme for the students, and where required will be able to take control of groups of students for sports sessions, ensuring their safety, welfare and good order at all times.
The role will require assistance at School from 4-9.30pm Monday to Friday, with some Saturday assistance with fixtures, and, in agreement with the SA, the occasional help with afternoon PE sessions from 2pm on a Wednesday or Thursday. The role will have flexible hours, with a minimum contract of 27.5 hours a week, and a maximum of 35 hours per week depending on fixtures.
To apply for this vacancy, please download the following from the Vacancies Section of our website: http://www.windermereschool.co.uk
- An application form, self-disclosure form and explanatory notes about completing the forms and the recruitment process;
- The Job Specification;
- The School’s Policy Statements on Child Protection and on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders.
and return the correctly completed application form to Mr Ian Lavender, Headmaster, Windermere School, Patterdale Road, Windermere, The Lake District LA23 1NW, or email HR@windermereschool.co.uk.
Applications will only be considered when submitted on a fully completed school application form
Windermere School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
T: +44 (0)15394 46164
Windermere School, Patterdale Road, Windermere, The Lake District, LA23 1NW
- Closing date: 17/07/2019
- Country: United Kingdom
- School: Windermere School
- Region: Europe and the Mediterranean
- Contact: HR@windermereschool.co.uk
- Application url: https://www.windermereschool.co.uk/about-windermere-school/vacancies/