Round Square Online Services Privacy Statement
Round Square appreciates the importance of keeping personal information private and protected for all its stakeholders.
As you would expect, we adhere to the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, which gives you control over the information stored about you and how we contact you.
This statement explains how we achieve these goals and gives details of our privacy practices including: what information we collect about people using our website and other online services, how the information will be used or disclosed, and rights with respect to our collection and use of personal data.
What information does Round Square collect and why?
The information you give us is used to provide you with the service you have registered for or to respond to an inquiry.
We may ask you to provide us with personal information on a voluntary basis in certain areas of our online services. This information will be used for the purposes outlined at the time of collection.
In particular, you might be asked to provide information when;
- You contact us: If you contact us via the website with a general inquiry or about Round Square Membership we ask you for your name, associated school and contact email. We use this information to respond to your request and to email you back.
- You register to access the RS Intranet: Our intranet site is a private space for Round Square Members. To help us verify that, and to enable users to fully use all our online tools, you will need to provide personal information including: your name, associated school and contact email. You will also be asked to generate a username and password.
- You register to take part in the Round Square International Conference, or a RSIS Project: Round Square collects information from students and adults engaging with a number of activities including, but not limited to, International Service Projects and conferences. Students and adults are asked to provide personal information including, name, associated school, contact email, date of birth and passport number. Students and adults are also asked to provide sensitive data including gender, medical details and dietary requirements. These details are specifically collected to enable the logistics, planning and programming of the conference including catering, accommodation, and adventure activities.
- Keeping in touch: Our registered users can update Round Square with changes to key contact details at their school. This information helps us to ensure that we have the correct contact information for the Head of School and Rep on file to receive our weekly WMT Update.
- Online feedback/surveys: If you want to participate in any of our online surveys or feedback forms you may be asked to provide personal information. The nature of the information may vary depending on the type of survey that is being conducted, but it is likely to include contact information and demographic information. We will use this information to improve our service to you. With your consent, we may use content from these online feedback forms and surveys in our marketing material.
- Competition information: If you enter any of our competitions online you will be asked to provide personal information. The nature of the information may vary depending on the competition, but it will include contact information. We will use this information to inform our competition winners. We may publicise the winners, but will not give enough information to personally identify you to anyone else without explicit permission.
- Applications for financial support: Each year, Round Square offers a number of bursaries to enable students from member schools to participate in RS activity (RSIC/RSIS). The nature of the information we ask for in the application process may vary depending upon the application process and requirements of the funds. Usually, it will include general personal information, such as your name, contact details and school. We may publicise the names of participants who are granted support, but we will always ask your permission before doing so.
How does Round Square use the information that it collects from its online services?
Round Square only uses data gathered via our online services for the specific reason you opt in to, for example, to respond to your online enquiry or to participate in one of our activities.
How long will Round Square keep my information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as your school is a member school.
This information is securely archived and is only accessible by the Chief Executive Officer and the Digital Communications Officer. Personal data collected in relation to International Service Projects and International Conferences is retained for 10 years (in archive) for legal purposes. After the data expires it is securely disposed of.
Does Round Square disclose information that it collects from these sites to other parties?
Round Square will not provide any information collected from our online services that personally identifies you to any other company or organisation, unless it is required to do so by law, Court Order by the Government or law enforcement authorities, or as described in this Policy Statement.
Data collected specifically relating to your participation in a Round Square activity, including RSIS or RSIS, may be shared on a need-to-know basis with either a host school or a third party service provider.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. They enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- Measure the use/performance of the site
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site for your individual interests
- Speed up your searches
- Recognise you when you return to our site
The cookies we use and why:
- Google Analytics: These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Content Management System cookie: This cookie is set by our content management system, on a small number of browsers, upon arrival to the Round Square website. It is not used by Round Square for any purpose. This cookie is deleted when a user closes their browser.
- YouTube cookies: We embed videos from YouTube using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more, please visit YouTube’s embedding videos information page.
The cookie settings on this website are set to “allow all cookies” to give visitors the best experience of our site. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
We may collect information about your computer, click-stream data - including where available your IP address - operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Links with other websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third parties’ websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your rights to access personal information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We take all reasonable safeguards to keep all your personal information as secure as is humanly possible. In addition to a rigorously enforced data handling policy, all our staff members are made aware of their obligations to keep the information for authorised use only. Of course, no technology is fail-safe, but we have made every reasonable effort to keep our systems up-to date-with the relevant protocols.
Any changes we make to our privacy statement in the future will be posted on this page. You should check the statement each time you access our site.
If you have any concerns, questions or comments regarding the data held about you by Round Square please contact the Chief Executive Officer and Digital Communications Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: July 2017