Primary School PE Teacher, China
Provide good quality learning to students, make sure students achieve the year-based subject learning outcome in a fun and passionate way
1. Teaching and Learning
- Plan, teach and evaluate classes as designated by subject coordinators;
- Set up reasonable proximal goals for students based on curriculum requirements;
- Differentiate learning to cater for different needs;
- Support those who need remediate help;
- Make sure students are engaged, challenged from their learning time;
- Communicate proactively internally and externally with colleagues and parents on students’ learning situation.
2. Effective Teaching Strategies
- Have a thorough understanding and knowledge of YKPS Subject-based Curriculum;
- Ensure that teaching and learning is aligned with the school’s current Scope and Sequence documents;
- Establish a classroom environment where students feel safe and comfortable to take risks;
- Ensure that classroom/school resources are well prepared and managed;
- Standards and execute code of YK Pao School acceptable behavior are clearly set up and consistently and fairly trained;
- Ensure that all students are treated equitably with respect and fairness.
- Teaching students in accordance with their aptitude, vary with each individual with diversity teaching
- Anyone of YK Pao School teachers is our language teacher\pastoral care communicator
3. Connections with Students
- Interact with students equally to know each student in a better way;
- Acknowledge children’s improvement and effort rather than just result or achievement;
- Establish a rapport which enhances learning;
- Provide good pastoral care to all students and build up trustful and healthy relationship between students and teachers.
4. Relationship management
- To work co-operatively and supportively with other staff;
- To share information, ideas and resources with related colleagues \ line managers who teach the same cohort of students;
- To build up trustful, respectful healthy working relationship with parents in order to co-educate students.
5. Administrative Function
- Fulfill the administrative functions of the class e.g. attendance, Homework Diary checking;
- Ensure assessment data is shared and archived;
- Communicate with parent/caregivers regarding student learning situation timely.
6. Contribution to non-classroom life of the school
- Organize related activities for students to ensure the quality of their learning;
- Support the school’s image in the wider community;
- Support education and teaching policies and procedures currently in place.
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Major in related subject or in education
- 2+ years teaching experience in full-time school
- Oversea teaching experience is preferred
- Bilingual \ Bicultural teaching experience is preferred
Certificates Teaching qualification
- Good commands in English / English as mother tongue (for international staff)
- Good communication skills
- Good Team player