Secondary School Social Emotional Counselor, China
- Design, develop and manage comprehensive School counseling program with differentiated delivery for Junior and Senior Secondary students;
- Develop and implement division-wide counseling and guidance curriculum (with emphasis on learning support) working with Head of Years (HOY) and staff to build and deliver fully integrated program;
- Support students individually or through groups to develop emotional/social skills;
- Provide individual or group counseling to students with identified needs and concerns;
- Implement effective referral and follow-up process as needed;
- Provide appropriate information to school staff on Division’s comprehensive counseling program;
- Assist staff and parents in interpreting and understanding student data;
- Work with Director of Student Life and Wellness Coordinator to improve and implement school wide Health and Safety policies and practices (with a focus from the Counselor on the emotional wellbeing portion of the policies and practices);
- Work with Director of Student Life and Wellness Coordinator to train and drill staff in Health and Safety policies and practices (with a focus from the Counselor on the emotional wellbeing portion of the policies and practices);
- Lead evaluation on student Medical Leave applications due to social/emotional reasons and making recommendations to the Executive Principal on applications and follow-up with support plans as needed.
1. Bachelor's degree in related field required, advanced degree(s) preferred;
- 3+ years’ experience from an accredited School;
- Experience working in an International School in China and/or setting a plus;
- Experience supervising an afternoon activity. Athletic Coaching or personal sport interest preferred;
- Experience participating in pastoral program;
- Good communication skills (spoken and written). Training in student support preferred;
- Valid teaching/or counselor certification is mandatory;
- Teaching Degree strongly preferred;
- Experience with second language learners preferred;
- Bi-lingual ability (English and Mandarin Chinese) is required;
- Educators who show a devotion to their subject matter but also have a genuine interest in working with young men and women;
- Educators with excellent communication skills, who show initiative and who can easily adapt to change.
Successful applicants will bring enthusiasm and creativity to this role, and must be flexible and open to learning about new cultures.
Applicant please forward resume to email@example.com . Please indicate the position applied for.