Accompanying Adult role
Round Square is looking for enthusiastic individuals to volunteer as Accompanying Adults on the Big Build projects. Accompanying Adults are members of staff/faculty from Round Square schools who have elected to join a RSIS Project. Whilst not specifically members of the Leadership Team, the Accompanying Adult is a source of support and guidance to both the students and adults. They have an essential role, the important elements of which are:
- To offer pastoral support to the students.
- To be an additional support to the Project Leader and Deputy Leader in terms of upholding the rules, helping to aid decision-making and enforcing discipline.
- To be prepared to accompany ill students to medical facilities and stay with them until they are recovered.
- To maintain male/female adult ratios.
Adult participants will not be expected to take on any responsibilities regards technical activities, but they must ideally be First Aid qualified, enjoy the company of young people and be aware of their needs, have experience of living in the outdoors environment and be cleared to work with young people through their country’s criminal record checking system. Ideally we would prefer adult participants who would like to progress to become Leaders and are using the Project as training and awareness for future leadership roles. Accompanying Adults enjoy a 50% discount on the full Project fee.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to develop confidence and a well-rounded and transferable skills in a practical setting:
- Improve your communication skills;
- Develop your leadership skills;
- Learn to think on your feet; and
- Develop resilience.
This role also allows you to experience first-hand life on a RSIS Project, providing you with valuable experience if you are interested in training as a Project Leader.
Participation fee £TBC plus flights