About Round Square www.roundsquare.org is a site operated by Round Square (RS), a charity registered in the United Kingdom. Round Square’s Charity Number is 327117 and its Company Number is 02011514. Its registered office is Morgan House, Madeira Walk, Windsor, SL4 1EP.
Round Square Online Services Privacy Statement
Round Square (RS) appreciates the importance of keeping personal information private and protected for its stakeholders.
RS adheres to the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018, which gives you control over the information stored about you and how RS contacts you.
This statement explains how RS achieves these goals and gives details of RS’s privacy practices including: what information RS collects about people using its website and other online services, how the information will be used or disclosed, and rights with respect to RS’s collection and use of personal data.
Round Square is the owner of the website and is the data controller for the information RS collects from you.
What information does Round Square collect and why?
The information is used to provide you with the service you have requested or to answer an enquiry. RS may ask you to provide personal information on a voluntary basis in certain areas of its online services. This information will be used for the purposes outlined at the time of collection. In particular, you may be asked to provide the following information:
- Contacting us: If you contact RS with a general enquiry or about Round Square Membership you will be asked for your name, associated school and contact email to enable RS to fulfil the order(s) for services The lawful basis for this processing activity is that the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- RS Intranet registration: RS’s intranet site is a private space for Round Square Member and Candidate Schools. To help RS verify its registered users, and to enable users to fully use all of the online tools provided on the intranet, you will need to provide personal information including: your name, associated school and contact email. You will also be asked to generate a username and The lawful basis for this processing activity is that the data processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party.
- Registering for RS activities (RSIC/RSIS): Round Square collects information from students and adults engaging with a number of activities including, but not limited to, International Service Projects and conferences. Students and adults are asked to provide personal information including, name, associated school, contact email, date of birth and passport number. Students and adults are also asked to provide sensitive data (known as special category data) including gender, medical details and dietary requirements. These details are specifically collected to enable the logistics, planning and programming of the conference including catering, accommodation, and adventure The lawful basis for this processing activity is that the data processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party.
- Online feedback/surveys: If you want to participate in any of RS’s online surveys or feedback forms you may be asked to provide personal information. The nature of the information may vary depending on the type of survey that is being conducted, but it is likely to include contact information and demographic information. RS will use this information to improve its service to you. With your consent, RS may use content from these online feedback forms and surveys in its marketing The lawful basis for this processing activity is that the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- Competition information: If you enter any of RS’s online competitions you will be asked to provide personal information. The nature of the information may vary depending on the competition, but it will include contact information. RS will use this information to inform its competition winners. RS may publicise the winners, but will not give enough information to personally identify them to anyone else without explicit The lawful basis for this processing activity is that the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- Applications for financial support: Each year, Round Square offers a number of bursaries to enable students from member schools to participate in RS activity (RSIC/RSIS). The nature of the information RS asks for in the application process may vary depending upon the application process and requirements of the funds. Usually, it will include general personal information, including contact details (such as your name contact details and school). RS may publicise the names of participants who are granted support, but will always ask their permission before doing The lawful basis for this processing activity is that the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- Keeping in touch: RS maintains an up-to-date database of contact details for its registered users including designated Heads and Reps of Round Square Schools to ensure that Candidate and Member schools receive all necessary communications including opportunities to engage in RS activities and events, useful resources and good practice templates, and information on the activities of other schools in the RS network. These are often relayed in RS’s weekly WMT The lawful basis for this processing activity is that the data processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party.
How does Round Square use the information that it collects from its online services?
Round Square only uses data gathered via its online services for the specific purposes outlined above, for example, to respond to your online enquiry or to participate in a RS activity. RS will only use your information for marketing purposes where you have given your consent for RS to do so and in accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
Does Round Square disclose information that it collects from these sites to other parties?
Round Square will not provide any information collected from its online services that personally identifies you to any other company or organisation, unless it is required to do so by law, Court Order by the Government or law enforcement authorities, or as described in this Policy Statement.
Data collected specifically relating to your participation in a Round Square activity, including RSIS or RSIS, may be shared on a need-to-know basis with either the Round Square Member School that is hosting the activity or with a third-party service project provider that has been commissioned by Round Square to deliver a service project.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Cookies used on the RS web site enable RS to:
- Estimate its audience size and usage pattern
- Measure the use/performance of the site
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow RS to customise its site for your individual interests
- Speed up your searches
- Recognise you when you return
Google Analytics: These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use the web site. RS uses the information to compile reports and to help to improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Content Management System cookie: This cookie is set by the RS content management system, on a small number of browsers, upon arrival to the RS website. It is not used by RS for any purpose. This cookie is deleted when a user closes their browser.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
RS may collect information about your computer, click-stream data – including where available your IP address – operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about RS’s users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Links with other websites
The RS site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third parties’ websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that RS does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your rights to access personal information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information Round Square holds about you.
- The right to ask for a copy of personal data the Round Square holds about you This is the right to access;
- The right to ask RS to update and correct any out of date or incorrect personal data that RS holds about you such as name or email address. This is the right of rectification;
- The right to request that RS deletes any personal data held on you that RS no longer has any legal reason to retain. This is the right to erase;
- The right to ask RS to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that RS would secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it. This is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances. This is the right to restrict processing;
- The right to ask RS to supply you with some of the personal data held about you in a structured, machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation. This is the right to data portability;
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that RS may send you and to object to RS using or holding your personal data if RS has no legitimate reason to do so. This is the right to object;
- Round Square does not undertake any automated decision-making or profiling (making a decision solely by automated means without any human involvement). However you do have the right to object to any violation in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact the Round Square CEO: firstname.lastname@example.org
RS take all reasonable safeguards to keep all your personal information as secure as is humanly possible. In addition to a rigorously enforced data handling policy, all RS employees are made aware of their obligations to keep the information for authorised use only. Of course, no technology is fail-safe, but RS has made every reasonable effort to keep its systems up-to date-with the relevant protocols.
Round Square’s website data is stored in London, UK and is backed up every 24 hours.
Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes by Round Square shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. Full details are provided in Round Square’s retention policy.
Personal data collected in relation to RS International Service Projects and RS International Conferences is retained for 10 years for insurance purposes. This information is securely archived and is only accessible by the Chief Executive Officer and the Digital Communications Manager.
Any changes Round Square makes to its Privacy Statement in the future will be posted on the Privacy page of the Round Square web site. You should check the statement each time you access the RS web site.
Concerns and complaints
If you have any concerns, questions or comments regarding the data held about you by Round Square please contact the Chief Executive via email@example.com
If you would like to make a formal complaint about Round Square’s handling of data you can do so to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
Last updated: December 2019