Gender: Girls school Type: Day and boarding school Age range: 2 - 18
Windermere School is an independent, co-educational boarding and day school in the English Lake District. It has approximately 400 pupils between the ages of 2 and 18, a third of whom are boarders. Windermere School stimulates a real quest for excellence, mutual respect and a desire for lifelong learning.
The IDEALS in our school
The IDEALS are embedded into the infrastructure at Windermere School. There are a number of events organised by student pillar heads throughout the year including;
- a week where the kitchen staff prepared food from the different countries for the whole school to enjoy;
- student led Inter-House debate;
- conservation work in the National Park, helping to “Fix the Fells”;
- an Inter-House adventure race that tests students on their initiative, team work and communication skills;
- weekly Junior events which incorporate the 6 pillars; including quizzes, team games and initiative tests; and
- students travelling to South Africa to sponsor and work alongside Tiger Kloof students in the nearby townships.
What being a Round Square school means to us
Being connected to a global family; where exchanges, projects and conferences form the basis of engaging young people and adults in collaborative work across a whole range of topics. It provides opportunities to follow Kurt Hahn’s philosophy of education through the IDEALS and enables Windermere School the possibilities to make a difference in the world. By being members of Round Square, students and staff of Windermere School can discover “Plus est en vous” – “There is more in you than you think”.
Where to find us
Patterdale Road , Windermere , Cumbria , LA23 1NW , United Kingdom