Academic Director, India
Posted: 03 June 2019
Genesis Global School, Noida ranked one of the best day cum boarding schools in India by Education World Magazine are seeking an exceptional education leader to provide professional leadership and management for the school as its Academic Director. This will further develop its strong roots established by its founder and the growth and development that is now being led by the Executive Director and Trustee. You will be responsible for driving the school to even greater heights for the benefits of its students and staff.
The school is a premium, co-educational day and residential school offering K-12 world-class education blended with technology, culture and innovation with the objective of transforming students into considerate, accomplished and aware global citizens, with a grounding in their Indian roots.
The school offers a dynamic teaching and learning environment for c.1300 students. Genesis Global School is well established and delivers curriculum from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) and International Baccalaureate (IB). The school is a CBSE, CIE (iGCSE) and IB (PYP, MYP & DP) authorised school.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director and working closely with the Director of Operations, the core purpose of the Academic Director is to provide academic professional leadership and management for the school. This will build on its already secure foundations to further drive standards even higher.
The role will include but not be limited to:
• Working collaboratively to create a shared vision and strategic plan, which inspires and motivates students, staff and all other members of the school community and to develop the ethos of the school linked to its core aims and values.
• Continuing to raise the quality of teaching and learning for students, maximising their achievements within a successful learning culture.
• Developing effective relationships and communication, which underpin a professional learning community that enables everyone in the school to achieve.
• Providing effective organisation and management of the school and identifying ways of improving organisational structures and functions.
The Successful Candidate
Applicants must be a fully qualified teacher with BEd, PGCE or equivalent. They will also possess a NPQH, MBA in education or other recognised leadership and management training. The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years’ of teaching experience with experience of whole school senior leadership as a Principal; and extensive knowledge of curriculum development and implementation.
They will have experience of leading and implementing IB programmes and/or Cambridge curriculum. Knowledge of the CBSE curriculum is desirable but not essential, however a capacity to familiarise and demonstrate and understanding of it is crucial.
In order to be truly successful in the role, the ideal candidate will have served as a senior leader within an international setting.
We offer an extremely competitive salary, accommodation allowance and attractive benefits including:
• Accommodation on or off campus
• Flight allowance for the candidate and their family
• Medical insurance
• Tuition support for up to two children
• Relocation allowance
• Extensive CPD programme
The school has built its reputation on high quality and high standards and has the same high expectations of its staff.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the application form by clicking the ‘Quick Apply’ button below and attaching CV with a photograph. You should also include a letter of application detailing how you meet the person specification and three professional references.
You may also submit applications by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 14th June
Onsite interviews are planned to take place w/c 22nd or 29th July with offers to be made that week.
Genesis Global School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced disclosure via the appropriate processes will be required.
- Closing date: 14/06/2019
- Country: India
- School: Genesis Global School
- Region: South Asia & Gulf
- Contact: email@example.com