Design Technology teacher, Australia
Posted: 20 May 2020
Rockhampton Grammar School was founded in 1881 and is an independent co-educational day and boarding school private school, educating and caring for students from Prep to Year 12, as well as the Early Learning Years. The School is the largest independent boarding school in Queensland and the second largest co-educational boarding school in Australia. It is a leading school in regional Queensland and one of the foremost schools in regional Australia. The Rockhampton Grammar School has achieved great success in the academic, cultural, sporting and vocational fields over the past 139 years. The School has a total enrolment of 1,377 students who are exposed to our broad curriculum, giving effect to our commitment of Grow in Scholarship and Character.
As part of our teaching team, we provide a supportive, flexible working environment where care for all our staff is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the role:
The Rockhampton Grammar School is seeking to appoint a Teacher who can deliver an engaging experience to students in Design Technology that will both challenge and inspire learning.
To join in this vibrant school community, you’ll need:
- Innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents and peers
- Queensland College of Teachers (QCT) registration or ability obtain
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our staff, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Access to some in-house benefits
- Access to Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Access to the Rockhampton Grammar School Leadership Institute
- Access to undertake a Master’s Degree under our partnership with Griffith University. It is the only program of its kind in Australia.
Teacher – Design Technologies
POSITION TITLE: Teacher
REPORTS TO: Head of Department – Technologies
BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for teaching required subject/s to sufficient skill
KEY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Teachers are expected to:
- Design and implement curriculum programmes that embrace School’s Learning Framework;
- Create a positive classroom environment that enhances student learning;
- Establish and review students’ learning goals/outcomes and modify curriculum programmes accordingly;
- Continuously reflect on teaching practices and full participation in the School’s Personal Learning Programme;
- Build relationships and share teaching insights with colleagues in order to coordinate activities for students;
- Communicate with parents about student learning;
- Demonstrate professionalism and a commitment to professional development;
- Contribute to the School and wider community through involvement in co-curricular activities;
- Maintain accurate records and meet deadlines.
N.B This position description contains the most important duties and tasks regarding the job to be done. It is not an exclusive/exhaustive list.
- Effective verbal and written communication;
- Strong classroom behaviour management techniques;
- Ability to influence others positively;
- Ability to react quickly and effectively in challenging situations;
- Ability to relate and build relationships easily.
SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN and YOUNG PEOPLE
The School takes child protection seriously, and as a staff member or volunteer of The Rockhampton Grammar School, you are required to meet the behaviour standards outlined in our Practice and Behaviour Guidelines. You will receive a copy of these guidelines as part of the induction process.
Therefore as a part of your duties and responsibilities, you are also required to:
- Provide a welcoming and safe environment for children and young people;
- Promote the safety and wellbeing of children and young people to whom we provide services;
- Ensure that your interactions with children and young people are positive and safe;
- Provide adequate care and supervision of children and young people in your charge;
- Act as a positive role model for children and young people;
- Report any suspicions, concerns, allegations or disclosures of alleged abuse to management;
- Maintain valid “working with children” documentation;
- Undergo periodic “national criminal history record” checks;
- Report to management any criminal charges or convictions you receive during the course of your employment that may indicate a possible risk to children and young people.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The successful applicant will be subject to a “Working with Children Check and Criminal Records Check” where applicable. The School undertakes several screening processes to ensure the appropriate protection of children and young people in its care. This includes reference checks, identity checks qualification check and professional registration checks.
- Registration with Queensland College of Teachers;
- Safeguarding Children checks.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Read the Notice to all Candidates – Staff Safer Recruitment Policy and Recruitment and Selection Policy on the RGS website (http://rgs.qld.edu.au/employment)
2. Complete an Application for Employment Form (Teaching Positions) – found on RGS website (http://rgs.qld.edu.au/employment)
3. Submit your completed Application for Employment Form with your Cover Letter and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 29th May 2020
Only successful applicants will be contacted. Enquiries about the position should be directed to Julien Wright at +61 7 4936 06 06.
- Closing date: 29/05/2020
- Country: Australia
- School: Rockhampton Grammar School
- Region: Australasia & East Asia
- Contact: email@example.com
- Application url: http://rgs.qld.edu.au/employment