St. George's Grammar School is a private co-educational day school located in Mowbray, a suburb of Cape Town, South Africa.
St. George's Grammar School
St George’s Grammar School embraces the six foundational pillars of the Round Square Philosophy namely; internationalism, democracy, environmentalism, adventure, leadership and service into the ethos and teaching curriculum of our school. This is made possible by creating opportunities for every student in our school to develop the potential that already exists within each of them. This is done through effective subject teaching, class adventure camps, River Rafting down the Orange River, community service initiatives, servant leadership opportunities through Matric Portfolios and the Round Square Committee, democratic practice through the Student Representative Council, environmental sustainability and awareness by the Green Committee, Exchange Programmes for Grade 10 students, conferences for students - both locally and internationally and Round Square Service Projects.
What being a RS school means to us
Being a Round Square School means:
- Enlarging the students’ horizons;
- Increasing a sense of responsibility on a global level;
- Making us more accountable as a school to consciously infuse our ethos “virtute et valore” virtue and valour -- the courage to do what is right;
- Creating opportunities for our students to share and appreciate their own realities;
- Collegial sharing amongst staff from different schools on a global level;
- Families get to experience hosting students from different countries through exchanges and conferences; and
- Creating opportunities to develop lifetime international friendships.
Where to find us
Richmond Road, Mowbray, Cape Town, 7705, South Africa